Monday, February 28, 2011

Very Personal Ads #5: riverbanks, closure and hugs/affectionate DERS!

Thanks to Havi for the concept, and some of the tools, and a fair bit of the language...

This last week has been big and rocking, as in, the boat. Much of it good, quite a bit of scaaaaaary. I have some things to ask for.

Thing 1: Good strong money management systems to be set up
My dearest of dears and the love of my life has agreed to try managing all our household income and expenditure as a joint effort. Aaaahhhhhh




Oh, that was just me sinking to the floor in relief and delight and exhaustion because it's been something that I've been wanting to start for sooooo long!!! But, honestly, neither of us were ready until now and things happen when they happen. So, like, whatever. We're here now. YAY. And of course we're going to completely suck at it for a while yet (while we practice and experiment) and that is OKAY.

What I would like is for the money management systems to evolve easily and without too many hugely gaping holes.

Ways this could work:
  • I could remind my friend to email me a copy of their income/expense spreadsheet records to use as a basic template
  • I could read my small business manual I bought a year or more ago and see what they suggest
  • I could ask my Dad to review my draft copies and give me his feedback
  • Other ways could reveal themselves, especially if I get back to my Shiva Nata practice.

My commitment:
  • To email my friend
  • To bring the book into my room and put it beside my bed
  • To go through our last quarter finances and try and put it together in a single record
  • To Procrastination Dissolve-o-Matic it and Shiva Nata it.


Thing 2: the Closing Doors at the ex-job to happen, nicely
So, I quit my job last week. Scary, given I have no job to go to and we kind of sort of really need that money. Okay, WANT it, but you know.... Need.

I have faith that it will all be for the best! And it was definitely the right thing to do. Things could not continue as they were. To have kept trying would be more magical thinking. So, faced facts and admitted my capacity and got clear and simple about what I can and can't handle right now and the job didn't make the cut.

What I would like is for the cleaning up and filing for handover, and telling people who need to be told, and leaving Next Step notes for whoever takes over those projects to happen (at all) and to happen nicely.

(I'm not sure what 'nicely' means either.... [calmly]+[guilt-free]+[low-stress]+[cheerful-'oh well, I'm sure it's all going to turn out for the best'-ly]. Yes, like that!)

Ways this could work
  • With procrastination dissolving fairy dust woo-woo-that-works
  • By engineering myself for success, and remembering that the morning starts the night before
  • Embodying the nice attitude and approach
My commitment
  • To take care of my evenings to maximise the success of the morning the next day
  • To take regular breaks to dissolve any procrastination and stucknesses that arise
  • To be as mindful as I possibly can during this transition period

There is a whole lot of asking and committing wrapped up in just those two things so I'm going to engineer myself for success and let that be enough for now.


Thing 3: a hug. For people to bolster my faith that as I'm following my true, intuitive, heart-centred, spirit-led course then it IS all for the best, no doubt about it.


xx