Monday, September 26, 2011

This, I believe.

I want to make a declaration. Or, a SERIES of declarations. About what I believe. To claim them and own them and try to live by them.

Similarly to the Dammit List which is more of a "who I am" declaration that, as Havi describes it, is "a yeah-baby declaration of What I Stand For". Again, so that I know. What is within my limits, and what isn't.

(And which I then totally got too overly-organised and librarianish about which squashed the organic and playful growth of that particular exercise... I will go back and keep working on that someday!)

Anyway, now I've got a This, I Believe! list percolating in my head. The philosophical underpinnings of the why and the how of My Life and How I Live It and the culture I would like to instill in my dream-place bizzo thingamajig.

So..... yes. Let us begin.

We are all students. We are all teachers. We are all trying to find our way. (This, I believe!)

Compassion. Above all things, strive for compassion. (This, I believe!)

Radical acceptance. (Life is suffering, or some noble crap like that). (This, I believe!)
(Actually no, not so much the second bit exactly but it's funnier to say it like that. This I also believe!)

Radical responsibility (part Law of Attraction (barf!), part karma (not that I really know anything about it but probably is), part best-strategy-for-not-getting-mired-in-the-stuck.)

Our perception of reality is just that: a perception. It is not ultimate reality. It is often not even shared, objective reality. A little humility and curiosity can go a long way.

Make it simple, to last your whole life long. Simple is not necessarily easy. But it IS simple, and simplicity is sustainable where complex is not. Think: bacteria and extrapolate

We are all on a Mission From God, including all our crap which appears to want to trip us up and sabotage what we're trying to do. Mostly our crap is terrified and wants to protect us and feel safe. If you can figure out how to get on with the Mission From God safely then the crap will cooperate. This, I Believe!

Life. It is a joouuurney...... (barf, but you know what I mean! The fact there is crap to deal with (internal and external) is not going to change, only the flavour and hopefully how efficient we can get at dealing).

Hmmmmm, that will do. Posts elaborating personal conceptions of these statements to come. Yes.

See y'all.

Xxxxx