Monday, January 3, 2011

Very Personal Ads #1: what I’d like my life to include more of this year

Thanks to Havi for the concept, and some of the tools, and a fair bit of the language...

The journey of a thousand miles, and all that. Here we go....

Mobility, flexibility, freedom

What I want:
Making plans up as I go along. The OPTION to say yes. The STRENGTH to say NO!
Being dynamic!
- Car, in working order, registered, clean, comfy
- Phone (with internet!) (AND CREDIT!)
- Laptop, and journals!
- Money (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
- Time

Ways this could work
- Hahahaahahahahaa – you’re asking me??
- I have no idea. Ummmm

My commitment
- To make “mobility” my intention for my Shiva Nata practice.
- To PRACTICE Shiva Nata for five days. Hey - don't look at me like that! It's in WRITING now!! That means I have to keep it....
- To keep a journal recording my insights for five days.

FRANK-ness.

What I want:
- To hang out with Frank, a LOT. To put her in charge when I’m feeling tired or overwhelmed (often).
- To experience the benefits of having Frank around, including being protected while she stands up for me and looks after me.
- To discover that it is TRUE that when you are really Frank people really like you!

How this could work:
- A tattoo, perhaps? Or a cuff....
- Getting clear on who Frank is and what she’s like. Hanging out with her and then writing down what things are like when she’s around so I don’t forget.
- Enlightenment
- I don’t know

My commitment:
- To introduce Frank to my family
- To ask Frank her opinion. Often.
- To draw a practice tatt on my wrist.

To build my Glorious Greenhouse so I can live amongst magnificent flowers.

What I want:
To build a Glorious Greenhouse!!

- Structures and habits and routines. (No more Rude-teens!)
- VPAs
- Shiva Nata
- Yoga classes
- Chickens
- Good food
- Good money habits
- Sleep
- TCM and massage and so on. Energy investments.
- to create and use a blog, to record VPAs. Also Chickens, random thoughts, musings and rambles. Accountability, and all that.

Ways this could work
- Not timetables.... Maps, maybe. Colour-coded ones. With stickers.
- Enlightenment
- I don’t know
- A thoroughly motivating metaphor, perhaps!

My commitment
- To work on designs for the greenhouse, to review what’s working, what needs repairs and what needs rebuilding.
- Getting up early for three days in a row. Asking JMc to help with this. Making space-time for new flowers.
- To dream of my Glorious Greenhouse and send it a love-letter.

Procrastination Monster Befriendification

What I want:
- to get out of my procrastination habit
- to meet the lurking fear that lurks behind me and makes me not want to turn around
- and hopefully to find out that it is actually quite a nice creature and not that scary at all and it was only lurking because it was afraid that if I met it I would try to vanquish it and it is trying to take care of me and that is terribly important.

Errgghh, Monsters and Stuff. Yes, I have them too, like everyone. And that is okay. And I still don’t have to LIKE having monsters and stuff to work through

Ways this could work
- magic
- enlightenment
- Procrastination Dissolve-o-matic
- I don’t know

My commitment
- To buy the Procrastination Dissolve-o-matic
- To ask somebody to coach me through it
- To practice Shiva Nata to get some insights about what the Procrastination stuff is all about
- To practice Shiva Nata EVEN THOUGH I haven’t watched all the theory stuff yet. To just work on the horizontal hand movements like the dude on the blog. To just do it. Lovingly.
- To talk to the monster that keeps putting me off practicing!


Wish me luck! Send me love!
xxxx