Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Singing the Blues

Thinking about the throat chakra and all that is wrapped up in it and can be channelled through it.

Like, right now I can see:
- the palest grey blue of early morning clouds
- the soft, light blue of my pyjamas
(oh dear, I just said pyjamas on the internet!)
- many shades of ultramarine and cerulean blue in my blue glass and china display on the mantelpiece
- a stormy, brooding navy cushion
- melancholy, almost grey or mauve-y blue on the spine of some of my books
- joyful, jumping turquoises and clear, serene, happy sky blues on others.

And boy does my throat know a lot about all of them!

My throat is a faded mauve blue right now, going through the sad and the scared and the disappointed and the tired. Sometimes streaks of angry navy swim by.

Man, I am so throat it’s ridiculous.

Me: Seriously, throat, dude, you do KNOW there are six other chakras to play with don’t you?

Throat: Yes, yes, I know but I can’t use WORDS so well with them can I?

Me: Do you know that you can be a bit bossy and domineering?

Th: That’s because I’m the SMARTEST and get the best grades!

Me: Uhuh. You know that’s a very limited understanding of things don’t you?

Th: Yes, I know… I’m just… worried about you. I’m used to being in charge. I’m GOOD at taking care of you when I’m not so… stuck. Words appeal to you.

Me: I know you are. Thanks for that… You wanna give a bit of room for me to listen to some of the other guys too? Especially seeing as you’re a bit stuck right now?

Th: No, they don’t TALK so you can’t LISTEN.

Me: Okay, okay smarty-pants, you’re right. Okay then, can I please have a bit of room and quiet so I can ‘tune in’ to the others and see what I can find out from them?

Th: Errgghh… ‘Tune in’ is such a wanky self-help phrase.

Me: Dude – you know what I mean. It’s a bit ‘feel’ and a bit ‘listen’ (yes it is!) and a bit ‘wait and see’. There isn’t any good words for it.

Th: I’m worried about this idea.

Me: I can see… Can I give it a go?

Th: Well…. okay. Except I’m probably going to turn into a drunken monkey and chatter at you. I don’t mean to, it’s just how it works.

Me: Okay. Well, I promise to try and Not Mind and stay ‘tuned in’ here while you get drunk and chatter at me, like, OVER THERE. Deal?

Th: I have my doubts.

Me:

Th: Okay, okay, deal.

Me: Thanks. You want me to write this up? In words?

Th: Yes yes!! Words are my favourite thing EVER!

Me: I know they are honeypie. I’ll go do it now.

Th: *does a little jig / spins fast with lots of bright cyan blues and gold flecks*

x