Monday, January 3, 2011

Metaphor Mouse: authentic (or, how I got myself a big sister! yay!)

What I want: a new word for AUTHENTIC, so I can BE it.

(Metaphor Mouse try-out....)

AUTHENTIC speaks to me of
- Sucky, new-age, self-help crap
- Being true to your self
- Being unafraid of judgement
- Because you LIKE who you are
- In fact, you like who you are so much that your enthusiasm for who you are spreads to people you come in contact with. Yay charisma!

Sooooo, mostly good. Except for the sucky new age self help crap..... Taking that out, another word that means the rest of those things include
- Genuine
- Faithful (OW) (leads on to Loyal, Trusty, Staunch, Committed (OW) all of which I like too, especially if I can apply those qualities to MYSELF)
- Frank

Who is Frank? Maybe I can be more like Frank. Maybe she is one of the characters on my bus. She is awesome!

Who is Frank?
- Genuinely herself
- Funny. Likes to have a boy’s name even though she’s a girl
- Happy
- Friendly
- A lovely person
- Honest
- Loyal
- Trusty
- Reliable
- Faithful
- A STAUNCH ally and defender
- Bold, daring, plucky
- Committed to the truth, to the good, to ME and my wellbeing.
- Will tell me off when I’m being useless and encourage me to get back on the right track
- Will take charge of things to make sure I’m looked after
- Will deal with the people who want to throw shoes at me just because I’m looking after myself. Including my monsters.
- Will help me set things up so I can do my thing.(thing!)
- Will encourage and praise me for doing my thing, or setting things up for my thing, or taking care of myself so I can do my thing, or at least find out what my thing (thing!) is....

Thanks Frank, you’re a good friend. You’re my best friend, and protector. I think you’re my big sister.

That’s who Frank is, she is my big sister. And she’s taking me out with her into the world and helping me find my way.

Awesome!
xxxx