Sunday, January 9, 2011

Friday Chicken #1: the week that was

My own version of Havi's weekly Friday ritual in which we review the hard stuff and the good stuff in the week just gone. (Chicken = check-in)

The Hard

Work
Errrgghhhh… my job… the stuck… the resistance… the procrastination… spending so much time away from my family and my life and my thing (thing!). See also: #wastinglargeamountsoftimeontheinternet (bad) and #obsessivelybrowsingthearchives (ummm… good?!?)

My thing (thing!)
Not even knowing what thing is, but knowing it isn’t to be found at work. Arrgghgh – what to do with my life? question again. AGAIN…. (It has been ten years since I was there but it’s still hard!)

New habits
They are hard to build, especially with Perfectionist Monster criticising trying to help as best she knows how in her screechy loving way.

Clearing mud off the windscreen of my perception.

Seeing as keeping my perception of reality as close to actual reality as possible has always been, like, #1 priority (supposedly), facing up to how MUCH mud had built up in pretty unpleasant and stupid-feeling-making. Errgghhh… #ihatelearningexperiences

The Good

Hope

Getting to grips with the hard and the Monsters and the Stuff and knowing that beyond fear is freedom ;-P
Also knowing that I’ve got loads of resources and a Very Helpful Place to help me get there. Yay for the Good Ship FluentSelf
#ilovelearningexperiences (kind of)

Toilet training
Master Four of the non-Neurotypical spectrum making some great, fast progress on this inconvenient-for-me sphere of his development. YAY!!

Metaphor Mouse
MM took the word ‘authentic’ and gave me a big sister called Frank instead. I’m going to be more Frank. Yay!

Then he took my Rude-Teen (routine) (lazy, unproductive, has to be prodded to help, repeatedly, slightly self-destructive, highly critical, longing to change, terrified of change) (I crack myself up) and said I should build myself a Glorious Greenhouse instead. Awesome! A highly motivating metaphor.

xxxx
Claire x