Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Chicken #17:

A (not quite) weekly review of what went down (and up), following the lead of my teacher and favourite bloggess yoga smartypants Havi.

Hard:

- Not feeling hopeful or safe.

- Feelings of hope and safety being undermined by *things*. Not being able to be heard on *things* until the end of the tether has been reached. The end of the tether sucks big time.

Meanwhile
- Chicken pox!! Poor little lad... Miserable few days of fever and pain and terrible itch. Holding his hands to stop him scratching at night and not being able to do anything else to help except say "I hold your hands so you know that I'm WITH you sweetheart...", "you're wif me...".
WAAAAH

- Quarantine = can't get to lovely farmers market. Supermarket food = Not.The.Same.

- Updated the resume. Urrgghhh. Like pulling teeth.

- Feeling over-exposed and fearful that I've been irritating after spending too much time in my I'm-entitled-to-be-here-too Anti-Shyness state. The inner shy child is still there and still wants to be liked and not irritating and oh noooo what if I was too loud and and and... Poor Child-Me. Still!

- A week off work is going to dent the income over the next month by 25%. I don't have a 25% cushion. Also still no progress on the Moo-La-La money mgmt project. Of course!

Good
+ I don't have to hold my child's hands while he suffers through anything worse than chicken pox. Thank GOD.

+ Feeling heard in the end. Faith returning. I cannot live without hope.

+ Got the resume updated. Can move on to the next bit now!

+ Little lad keeps on talking more and more. Yay! Play therapy works. Bought him a new gorgeous train set, tool kit and put together a doctor's bag and seeing him use them appropriately. (Mostly, the trains telling each other that they had chicken pox and putting cream on each other was not exactly a logical storyline but it does demonstrate a bunch of other play skills are developing beautifully, and besides, how cute??!!)

+ Took little lad out to the mountains for a ride on the old steam train so that the train set (and every train show on telly) would make more sense seeing as he would actually have SEEN a steam train. He dug it, of course. Very fun.

+ Homemade sauerkraut is ready and organic farmers market produce soup from the freezer. Yum.

+ Quarantine is over.

+ Got a week off work and lots of time with little lad. Mmmmm stay-at-home-mum for the win! Too bad I'm not built for full-time SAHMhood. Still a nice place to visit.

Bk bk bk BKARK.